Statistics answer “what” questions, but don’t tell you “why”. User testing gives you the answer to “why” questions.
- User testing reveals a great number of errors that you might otherwise miss.
- It establishes how users work with your website or app and we can recommend effective steps for eliminating any shortcomings.
- It is an essential aid when designing a new website when you let the user go to your existing website and your competitors’ websites.
Many things are unique in all websites and so not even the greatest expert can reveal all potential problems one might have using the website. To really test ease of use of the pages, user testing with real users is essential.
Why is user testing so important?
The sooner you start with testing, the sooner you can eliminate flaws and time is money. First we select the target group and then test the site with the right people. Thanks to user testing, we can establish how real uses behave on your web pages. We can’t simulate an absolutely real situation with the tester as if he were at home. But quality guidance during testing and correctly asked questions help to gain the maximum from it. One thing never changes and that is tester habits and natural behaviour on the internet.
What can I expect from user testing?
- You pinpoint problems encountered when choosing between your products or services.
- You verify how understandable your texts are.
- You verify how easy it is to find your way around your website.
- You can make sure that the potential customer doesn’t come up against unnecessary obstacles.
- You gain advice on how to improve the usability of your website.
- You find out what they react to positively on your competitors’ websites and you can employ the same on yours.
- It helps you to avoid what acts negatively on your visitors by learning from other companies’ mistakes.
When is the right time for user testing your website?
- When developing a new website – testing wireframes, graphics or a functional prototype website.
- Testing your competitors’ websites.
- For already working websites.
- For establishing the need to redesign your website.
You can come and watch website testing in person and see at least one tester in action testing your and your competitors’ websites. This really is an interesting experience and can help you in thinking about online activities.
How does testing work?
- According to the aims of testing we plan areas for testing, prepare specific tasks and compose a testing scenario.
- We analyse target groups and select appropriate candidates for testing.
- We implement testing – we choose 6-15 users who we take through your website and give them specific tasks that they are meant to carry out on the website. We monitor them closely when performing their tasks, recording their reactions and comments.
- We evaluate testing and note down specific recommendations for adapting or creating new pages.
You will receive from us a record of the course of testing and the final recommendations in a lucid document. The document contains a detailed analysis of the usability of the web pages, pointing out any shortcomings and with a list of advice and recommendations on how to rectify the shortcomings. Our consultant will talk you through the separate recommendations and explain to you how important they are for the functionality of the website.
If you are interested, we will be happy to prepare a price quotation for your needs. Just write you request in no-obligation inquiries.